The Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel provides outstanding publications, substantive educational programs, and social and networking opportunities to members throughout the state. As your representative organization, we address issues involving insurance industry relations and serve as liaison to the bench. Your active involvement in the IDC will undoubtedly serve to advance your stature in the defense community among other attorneys and with existing and potential clients.
Follow this link to JOIN the IDC or Download a Membership Application.
Some of the benefits of membership include:
- Inclusion of your name in the Membership Directory and our web-based IDC membership database with a hot link to your e-mail address and firm website
- Complimentary subscription to the IDC Quartery, the Survey of Law and Committee Newsletters.
- Exceptional Legal Education
- Representation of the Illinois defense bar to the members of the Illinois General Assembly;
- Amicus curiae briefs in appellate cases of significance and importance to the defense bar;
- Position papers and monographs prepared for presentation and publication on current issues of legislation affecting civil litigation;
- Support for and participation in the National Association of Local Defense Groups, held in conjunction with the Defense Research Institute, Inc.;
- Defense Trial Counsels' Political Action Committee, which works to support those individuals who support the defense bar;
IDC is the only statewide organization which is specifically designed to meet the needs and solve the problems of the defense trial attorney. Joining the association will give you the opportunity to meet and work with the top defense bar throughout the State of Illinois